Sunday 22 May 2011

Miss Josephine joined me on a portrait workshop yesterday. It was for the help portraits project that will be kicking off in September this year. The aim is to take 25 000 portraits of people in need, to get them printed and give them back. It is a wonderful initiative. Although a photo is a luxury, it is something that can be treasured forever.

The workshop was O.K. The real highlight of the day was playing with the kids and showing those kids there how gorgeous they really are and I think they had such a fun time. There were 2 in particular that won my heart and of course, Miss Josephine won the hearts of ALL Of them. My camera ended up in the hands of a 9 year old, and although my heart skipped a few beats, a natural talent lies inside that little girl, I was 'wowed' with her natural eye for composition and posing. I also met some wonderful people taking part in the project.

I am hoping to visit there again soon to drop off a special package for my 2 new friends, some fun photo's of their day. And I am sure Miss Josephine is too. She loves to be loved. And why wouldn't she be??

Check out: http://www.helpportrait.co.za/ for more info on the initiative in South Africa and for the not so South African readers: http://help-portrait.com/. It is a global initiative, so no matter where you are in the world, you can be a part of something pretty darn cool! Just putting this out there! :-)


These leaves - The prop for most of the photo's I took.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The Adventures of Miss Josephine. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.