Wednesday 25 May 2011

This past Saturday I joined The Fairy and The Joburg Photowalkers on a walk through the "Old China Town" at the end of Commissioner Str in Central Jozi. What an awesome afternoom. It would be safe to say, it was almost as cool as spending an afternoon with C-3PO, and I say almost because I have a soft spot for famous Robots and I believe that there will be very few things that would top that!

Afternoon started off with meeting everyone in the parking lot at Sci-Bono. My Fairy finally took me out the bag, do you have any idea what it is like to be carried in a dark bag knowing that there are some fun things to do and see? Best I stop here incase I get put in the bag again. We decided to go with Jerome to pick his son, Matthew, up. I got to have my picture taken in a bucket held by a crane and at a soccer stadium with the most handsome lego construction workers I have ever seen *blush*. Hold me back! After that we were on our way.

The Handsome Construction workers


Next stop - Swallows Inn Chinese Restaurant for a nice, filling Chinese Buffet Lunch. I have it on good authority that this restaurant is the oldest there and it is still going. I was fortunate enough to have my photo taken by Jerome and his son set up a super set with the plates and chatted to an Origami bird. Such an amazing life. You know that those birds start out as flat paper squares? 

Where we ate lunch

Birdie and Me at the top left

The plate set and a random Cat. 


Once we were all ready to be rolled out there, the rest of the afternoon was random snaps of things here and there. I visited a shop that sells Tea for just about every occasion, Detox tea, constipation tea, increase your libido tea, this tea and that tea. So much to choose from.


Even the tea agrees Im a True Beauty.

 It was so wonderful to see a new place. I have been to the park, I have eaten in Linden, hung out with 4 armed Aliens and 8 legged spider monkeys. But this was an adventure I enjoyed very much. And it was so wonderful to feel so welcome and have people take an interest in me personally. I just hope that The Fairy carries me in a top pocket rather than by my one leg upside down. I know I loose my bling in a pocket, but really, my leg has a habit of falling off too. I hope The Fairy is reading this - hint hint.

This is me, signing off for this crazy Adventure of Miss Josephine. I hope to mingle with the crowd soon. Until then. Love and good juju for everyone.

PS - The Fairy's story is here - Bow-Ties and Dragons - Through My Looking Glass


This World of Beer is worth a visit by the way

Had to be photographed with Richard's snake Juice


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josephine, you and your Fairy must be two very busy ladies! I have enough trouble writing just ONE blog. Anyway, well done. You really encapsulated the day.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 The Adventures of Miss Josephine. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.